|Ethician farmers base their profession on the following ethical commitments to God and Country:
Farm animals, whether raised for work, pleasure, or food are treated with love, kindness and respect for their natural needs and desires.
- Animals raised for food are dispatched in a gentle and humane manner so that they experience no fear or pain.
- Precious top soil is protected from erosion, poisons, and mineral depletion.
- Water is not wasted or polluted and is not taken from the ground at an unsustainable rate.
- The native diversity of forests is preserved and protected and removal of trees is done on an individual basis using an all-age, all-species selection management system.
- Any remaining native prairies are preserved and protected in a natural state.
- Herbicides, pesticides, antibiotics or other unnatural chemicals are used only when absolutely determined by science to not have any negative impact on native biodiversity or the health of the consumer.
- All natural areas are to be protected and no 'virgin' acreage is to be brought into cultivation in order to protect surviving native gene pools.
- Wherever possible, rehabilitation of pastures, soils, water sources, and forests will be a priority.
We would love to have you join us!
To be included on our member list,
please send us an e-mail and
provide the following information:
Your name, address, and e-mail address.
Please feel free to share your thoughts
and opinions. We would love
to hear from you!
How you can Help
Click here to e-mail us!